The Smoothie Series: Raspberry Chocolate Dessert Smoothie
I like making this smoothie when I have cravings for not-so-healthy things. The coconut oil has healthy fats for good heart health, the frozen berries add an ice cream feel (or you could just throw some ice cream in here) and are full of antioxidants and the raw cacao is, well, it’s chocolate! This is also perfect for after dinner to avoid late night snacking.
Ingredients (I don’t measure so all amounts are approximate)
- Frozen Banana – medium sized
- Frozen Raspberries – handful
- Coconut Oil – a large tablespoon melted
- Frozen Spinach – a handful
- Cinnamon – a small amount to taste
- Raw Cacao – a tablespoon (more or less depending on your taste)
- Almond Milk – a cup or so to desired consistency
- Ice Cubes is you like your smoothie really cold
As you can tell I throw spinach into everything. It’s the easiest way to add nutrition into your meals. If your day is busy and you can’t find time to sit down and eat a salad you’ll still be getting healthy greens in your diet.
Everything can then get thrown into the blender and mixed up. Pour into your favorite cup, sip and enjoy!
You can read the entire Smoothie Series here.